Mother Truele - Nurturing Christ Centered Children

Saturday, March 30, 2013

4.
OUR GUARDIAN ANGELS

My favorite bedtime story as a child:
I remember that I loved my Mother to tell me the story of Hazel and Joseph and the guardian angel.  I had that famous painting on my wall and Mother had composed a very touching and sweet story about the children gathering flowers for their Father’s homecoming and how they stayed after dark and then prayed for help to cross the stream and return home.  The angel came!  They were able to cross safely ad return home to their parents.  This picture does not show Joseph, but he was always a part of the story.  My mother taught us that we each had a Guardian Angel with us.  I remember when I was of age to go to school I had to walk along a canal bank to get to the road where the school bus would pick us up each morning.  My mother taught me that my guardian angel would be with me as I walked along the way and I remember being aware of that and knowing I wasn't alone.

As an adult I learned that it is true.  Each morning in my prayer time I thank Heavenly Father for my guardian angel and give the angels permission to spiritualize me and guard and guide me.  Someday after we leave this earth we will all meet our guardian angel and it will be a joyful reunion because they have gone through life with us and know what we have experienced.  They have sorrowed in our sad times and they are happy when we are joyful as we choose to do what is our Father in Heaven would want us to do in our life.







I was taught that angels do not have wings, so I took my crayons and colored them out on this old picture that used to hang on the wall in my bedroom!



“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 18:10
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?  Matthew 18:10
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 92:11
In my heart I know that our Heavenly mother has sent the guardian angels, to be with each of us to guide us through our life journey.

I wanted my children to know about their guardian angels and be grateful for their companionship. As the year was coming to a close in 1998 I had the idea to have a dinner or a lunch on New Years Eve to remember our guardian angels!  In the years following it was sometimes on another day but close to the end of the year.

After getting the idea to have the special dinner I went to Ross Store and to my surprise I see a set of dishes on the clearance table with amazing pictures of angels on them!  I turned them over and read: 


CVM Collections of the Vatican museums
Melozzo da Forli (c. 1480)
Angel Playing the Viol

It survives from a 15th century fresco, an angel, part of a choir in "The Ascension of Christ" that adorned the Basilica die Santi Apostoli in Italy until 1711.
Only fragments now exist, housed in the Pinacoteca, the painting gallerey of the celebrated Vatican Museums.

MADE IN ITALY

The vatican Museums.

The price had been 7.99 each and now they were reduced to be 4.99.  There were only five plates, and I bought them feeling very grateful to my  Spirit and guardian angel for guiding me to find them.  When I got home and read what was on the back I wondered if they were safe to eat on?  I called someplace and found that they were only to be used for display!  I felt some disappointment and thought how perfect it would be if I had clear glass plates on the top.  The next day I went to a store called Liberty House which later became Macy's and to my amazement I saw they had beautiful glass plates with silver rims that could perfectly sit on top of the angel plates and make it so one could eat on the glass plate and still see the angel painting underneath!  I bought ten of them at a very low price!  Now if you are reading this and finding it hard to believe, I understand completely, because it was truly amazing how even on a material level little wonderful things were happening to bring the 'creative idea' to fruition.  And that wasn't the end!  For Christmas of 1998 I received a set of angel placemats from a dear friend and author, Donna Green.  She wrote and illustrated a book titled, TO MY DAUGHTER WITH LOVE, which I had purchased at Barnes and Noble.  It was a book a mother could fill out to tell about herself and her mother and her daughter and give to her daughter.  I ended up buying four of them and personalizing them for each of my daughters.  I wrote to thank the author and we ended up becoming friends and she came to visit and we bonded as artists and sisters.  (She eventually wrote a book, TO MY SON WItH LOVE, which I bought and prepared for my three sons.)  Donna Green had sent me the gift of the angel placemats with gold designed angels with trumpets on one side and on the other gold 'snow flake' designs --which in my mind looked like a universe design on the back.  They were a deep blue with the gold design. On the front was a white with gold design as a frame around the blue and gold angels in the middle.  I think she had sent me four placemats and when I had the idea for the dinner I wrote to the woman who happened to make them and her tag and phone number was on the place mats! (Donna had purchased them at a craft store)  I called the woman and asked if she could do a rush order for more!  She did so and I received them in time for what I called our Angel Acknowledgment Anniversary Dinner!  I love alliterations : )  Following is what I wrote about a dinner we had on January 9th 2001.  (I have recorded about earlier dinners but they were recorded on Microsoft Word and my new mac will not let me open them : ( .  I need to work on that problem)  


ANGEL ACKNOWLEDGMENT ANNIVERSARY  DINNER
AAA DINNER (smile)


It was Tuesday the 9th of January 2001
I had wanted to have the dinner on the last day of 2000 as we had done the last two years, but it was too much for that day, so I looked for another time.  Tuesday seemed like the day.  It was probably about 7:00 when we finally started dinner.


I set the table with a white tablecloth
The angel place mats that Donna Green sent me
I used the glass plates on top so you could see the place mats
I used the nice goblets

I prepared a beef chuck mock tender roast.
I called Safeway to ask about why it was named mock tender.
I was told that it was the tender part of the shoulder and is called the poor man's fillet minion.
I cooked some potatoes and carrots
Made some salad

I put candles on the square table so they wouldn't be on our eating table since R and S would be eating also.

It was a nice dinner

J and R and S M and C and I

After we finished eating I read some experiences people felt had been angels in their life.  Then J said she would like me to read about angels from my 'little angel book'.  I enjoyed reading it again and J especially loved it and asked me to email her a copy of what I had organized.  While we ate M had put a beautiful CD on for us to listen to.  It was sacred songs and perfect for our dinner.  Then she put on Barbra Streisand's album of "On Higher Ground" and that was beautiful also.  









The clear glass plate with the silver rim


The glass plate over the angel plate
It fits perfectly



No comments:

Post a Comment