Mother Truele - Nurturing Christ Centered Children

Saturday, March 30, 2013

3.

OUR HEAVENLY MOTHER



Although we are not told about our Heavenly Mother we all know instinctively that we have a Mother in Heaven.   In the beautiful Hymn, O MY FATHER,  which Sister  Elisa R. Snow composed, she wrote of our knowing we have a mother in heaven, and church members have been singing that song since 1845.  In a book titled Our Latter-day Hymns, I quote,  "Implicit in the Christian verity that all men are the spirit children of an Eternal Father is the usually unspoken truth that they are also the offspring of an Eternal Mother.  This glorious truth of celestial parentage, including specifically both a Father and a Mother, is heralded forth by song in one of the greatest of Latter-day Saint hymns, O My Father by Eliza R. Snow." (Elder Bruce R. McConkie. "Mormon Doctrine, pp. 516-17.)


O MY FATHER
O My Father, thou that dwellest
In the high and glorious place
When shall I regain thy presence
And again behold thy face?
In thy holy habitation
Did my spirit once reside?
In my first primeval childhood,
Was I nurtured near thy side?
For a wise and glorious purpose
Thou has placed me here on earth
And withheld the recollection
Of my former friends and birth
Yet oft-times a secret something
Whispered "You're a stranger here,"
And I felt that I had wandered
From a more exalted sphere.
I had learned to call thee Father,
Thru thy Spirit from on high,
But, until the key of knowledge
Was restored, I knew not why.
In the heav'ns are parents single?
No, the thought makes reason stare!
Truth is reason; truth eternal
Tells me I've a Mother there.
When I leave this frail existence
When I lay this mortal by
Father, Mother may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then, at length, when I've completed
All you sent me forth to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you.


There are certain things we can assume about our Heavenly Mother.  We know the Heavenly Mother would be an associate co-creator, a spiritual administrator and personality creator.  We can know she is the co-director in management of the Grand Universe. While the love of God is like the love of a father, there must be the love and affection of a mother spirit.  And we are their universal family.
Our Heavenly Mother would be a LOVING, MERCIFUL and ministering spiritual personality.  Even as our Earthly Mothers enfold us in their love, one can imagine that our Heavenly Mother would do no less.  Our Father sends his spirit to be with us and be us if we choose to do his will.  Certainly our Mother's Spirit would envelop us and in cooperation with the Father's spirit would work as one for our spiritual advancement.
Our Heavenly Mother would perfectly SUSTAIN and ably ASSIST our Father.  Mother would be ALL WISE AND EVER-FAITHFUL.  Mother would be EVER-PRESENT and an ALL-WISE ADVISER of the Father.  Mother would CO-OPERATE, and be a SURE HELPER.  Our Heavenly Mother would be a LOVING, CARING AND NURTURING MOTHER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment